The Roomba j7 vacuum requires a constant and stable WiFi connection to work effectively. Therefore, it’s essential to connect the Roomba vacuum to your WiFi network. The Roomba j7 offers several exciting features to users. You can only get the best out of your Roomba j7 by connecting it to a stable internet connection. If you have been wondering how to connect Roomba j7 to your WiFi, we’ve got you.
Today, we’ll discuss the procedure to connect Roomba to WiFi, as without the internet, you will face the Roomba j7 not working issue.
Moreover, if you are facing the Roomba j7 not connected to the network issue, you don’t have to worry. This is a very common problem among users, you can troubleshoot it effortlessly. Just keep reading ahead to find out the ways to resolve this issue.
Steps To Connect Roomba j7 to WiFi
It’s crucial to know how to connect Roomba j7 to the internet, as the Roomba cannot work without WiFi. To connect the Roomba to the WiFi, you just need to install the iRobot Home app. Follow the steps below to connect Roomba to your internet:
iRobot Roomba Setup
- The very first step is to keep the charging station on top of a surface.
- Ensure that there are no hurdles around the base and it is right next to the router for better coverage.
- Ensure to connect the power cable to the charging base.
- After this, a small light should be visible from the base.
- When the robot starts charging, the ring LED will swirl white.
- When the charging is full, you will hear a sound from the iRobot Roomba, alerting you that the robot is awake.
- After a minute, the robot’s lights will shut OFF.
- Without sufficient charging the Roomba j7 not working issue will persist.
Turn On The Bluetooth
- It is necessary to turn On the Bluetooth of your smartphone. Bluetooth is required to connect your mobile phone to the Roomba.
- The app will ask you to turn ON the Bluetooth of your phone.
- After that, you will need to turn ON the location of your device as well for the setup.
- You will face the Roomba j7 not connecting to the internet issue, without turning the Bluetooth ON.
Add the Device to the App
- Now, you need to add your device to the app.
- For this, tap the three lines at the upper left corner to add your device.
- Hereon, tap ‘Add Product’ and you can select your model from the list.
- Further, you can follow the steps to set up the device.
Connect To WiFi
- Now, we will discuss how to connect Roomba j7 to the WiFi.
- The app will display a list of all the available networks nearby the Roomba.
- From the list, select the SSID of your WiFi network.
- After that, enter the correct password for your WiFi to establish a connection successfully.
- When a connection is made, click ‘Continue’ in the app.
We hope you were able to understand how to connect Roomba j7 to your WiFi. Now, you can check the Roomba status from the app. If it’s showing Roomba j7 is not connected to the network, keep reading. Further, we’ll discuss how to troubleshoot this issue
Tips To Resolve Roomba j7 Not Connecting To The WiFi
To avoid facing the Roomba j7 not connected to a network issue, there are a few things you can take care of. Follow the tips to resolve the Roomba j7 not working problem:
- To begin with, check your networking device and ensure there’s no issue with it.
- If there’s an issue with your networking device, you can reboot or reset it to resolve any issues with it.
- Moreover, check the distance between the router and the base, as it shouldn’t be much.
- If the base is too far from the router, you will have to place the base closer to the router.
- Ensure you are entering the correct WiFi password to form a connection.
- If none of these methods are working, you can reset the Roomba to eliminate the issues with it.
We discussed how to connect Roomba j7 to the WiFi along with some tips you can use to fix the Roomba j7 not connecting to your WiFi issue. If there are any other troubles you are having with your Roomba, you can get in touch with our team right now.