The iRobot Roomba is an excellent robot vacuum cleaner with a long-lasting battery. This iRobot is easy to navigate and doesn’t get stuck frequently compared to other models. The Roomba’s cleaning performance is way better than the older versions. You are just one step away from clean floors and planes. The Roomba j7 works seamlessly on hard as well as soft surfaces. All you need to do is proceed with the iRobot Roomba j7 setup, and you’re good to go. Accurately setting up the iRobot is imperative to make the most out of your Roomba.
To set it up correctly, you must know how to setup iRobot Roomba j7. You don’t have to worry anymore, as we have made this ultimate guide to help you precisely set up your iRobot Roomba. This blog will guide you through the procedure for the setup thoroughly. Keep reading ahead to find out the complete steps.
Steps For The iRobot Roomba j7 Setup
Preparing The Dock For The Setup
- Firstly, place the charging door in a clean place, against a wall on an even surface.
- You need to ensure the Roomba won’t have trouble reaching the dock.
- Secondly, plug one end of the cable into a power outlet and the other into the base.
- Now, place the Roomba on the dock and ensure the charging pins align with the robot.
Install The Home App
- Initially, download the iRobot Home app on your smartphone for the iRobot Roomba j7 setup.
- The iRobot Home is available on both App Store and Play Store.
- After installing the app, you can log into your account using your login credentials.
- If you don’t have an account, you can create one by providing the necessary information.
- Finally, you can add the device to the Home app by choosing the correct model.
Connect Roomba To The WiFi
- Now, you can connect the Roomba to the WiFi, as it can’t work without a WiFi connection.
- After adding the Roomba, it will scan for all the nearby networks.
- From the list, you can select your WiFi network and enter the correct password to form a connection successfully.
- When a connection is made, you will hear the ‘You are now connected to Roomba’ sound.
- Moreover, the WiFi icon in the app will be solid white.
We hope you were able to understand how to setup iRobot Roomba j7 correctly. If you are curious about the next step further, we’ll explain how to start using the Roomba.
How To Start Using The iRobot Roomba j7?
If you think after the iRobot Roomba j7 setup, you can start using the Roomba, you’re wrong. There are a few more things you need to do before the Roomba’s first clean. These are as follows:
Charge The Roomba
- Before you send your iRobot on its first cleaning run, you must charge it.
- Without full charge, the Roomba will not complete the cleaning run and will return to the dock.
- We advise you to charge the Roomba for at least 3 hours before initiating the first run.
- You can send it to charge from the iRobot Home app.
Send The Roomba On A Mapping Run
- After the iRobot Roomba j7 setup, you need to send it on a mapping run.
- In this, the Roomba doesn’t clean but navigates through your house.
- During the mapping run, the device will memorize all the surfaces and the hurdles.
- This helps the robot maneuver around the house more easily.
- The robot will save the map, which you can view from the app.
- It can also form a map during a cleaning run, but it takes 3-4 runs to memorize it.
These are the few things you must do after the setup iRobot Roomba j7. After this, you can send the Roomba on its first cleaning run.
We discussed how to setup iRobot Roomba j7 in this blog. If there’s anything else you require assistance with or any issue you are facing with your device, you can connect with our team.