The Roomba robot vacuum is a renowned robot vacuum with impeccable functioning. This vacuum offers a huge range of remarkable features. These features include the iRobot Roomba i1 mapping. This is a great quality that not many robot vacuums offer. You can make the most of your vacuum with the help of this feature. Thus, you just need to know the proper working of the vacuum and how to use it. Then, you can ensure the most optimal working of the Roomba vacuum.
If you want to know the proper procedure for the Roomba i1 mapping, we’ve got you. We have brought you the ultimate post to help users with the Roomba mapping. In this post, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about the mapping feature. Then, we’ll also cover how you can use the Roomba mapping feature.
How Does The Roomba i1 Plus Mapping Work?
If you have been wondering does Roomba i1 have smart mapping, the answer is yes, it does. The smart mapping feature works by creating a map of the house that marks all the obstacles and no-go zones. Then, during the cleaning run, it follows the map and cleans accordingly. This allows the vacuum to avoid banging into furniture and any obstacle to provide the best performance to the user. That’s how iRobot i1 mapping can be beneficial for users.
The Roomba vacuum has sensors, and cameras, and is integrated with the latest AI technology. With the help of these things, the bot analyzes the surroundings and remembers the landmarks for future reference. So, when the robot is cleaning, it remembers the floorplan and avoids the obstacles it can run into. This prevents the vacuum from getting any physical damage and sucking something it shouldn’t.
How To Proceed With The iRobot Roomba i1 Mapping?
Now that you know the benefits of the Roomba i1 mapping, you should also know how to do it. You can easily enable the mapping feature from the Roomba app. The steps to enable mapping run are as follows:
- Initially, install the Roomba app on your smartphone.
- Now, from the app, you need to log into your account.
- If you don’t have an account, you can create one from the app.
- Hereon, log into the app and add the vacuum to the app.
- Ensure to connect the vacuum to a stable WiFi connection.
- After that, from the home page, click the Map option.
- This will display the Map list screen and you can initiate the mapping run.
- Finally, the vacuum will start its mapping run.
These are steps for the Roomba i1 plus mapping. You must know the vacuum won’t have a complete map in a single run. For a fully-fledged map, you need to send the bot on multiple iRobot mapping runs. In the mapping run, the vacuum doesn’t clean at all, it just maps out the floor. You can send the vacuum on a mapping run four-five times a day.
Also, when you send the vacuum on a mapping run, you need to tidy up a little. Otherwise, the vacuum will mark it as an obstacle and won’t clean the space in the future.
How To Fix The iRobot i1 Mapping Issues?
Sometimes, due to some reasons, you face issues with the iRobot Roomba i1 mapping. The vacuum could have trouble generating a map or is creating a wrong map. To fix these issues, you can try the following methods:
Charge The Vacuum
- Before you send the vacuum on its first mapping run, you need to charge it.
- The vacuum requires a sufficient charge to function effectively.
- Thus, ensure to send the Roomba vacuum to the charging dock before the run.
- When the vacuum has sufficient charge, you can send it on the mapping run.
- Ensure to plug the charging dock into a proper power source.
- Otherwise, you must plug the vacuum into a stable power outlet.
Tidy your House
- Before you send the vacuum to the iRobot Roomba i1 mapping, you must clean around.
- During the mapping run, the vacuum doesn’t clean and just forms a map.
- So, if there’s any object in its way, it will mark it as an obstacle and will not clean it.
- Thus, you must remove the shoes, a pet, or anything else that occupies unnecessary space.
Connect the Vacuum to the WiFi
- You must connect your vacuum to the WiFi for optimal performance.
- Without a stable WiFi connection, the vacuum will not function at all.
- Thus, ensure to connect the vacuum to the WiFi before the mapping runs.
- If you are facing any issues connecting the vacuum to the WiFi, you must fix it.
Reset the Roomba Vacuum
- If none of these methods are working, you must reset the vacuum.
- To reset the vacuum, you need to press the Home, Spot Clean, and Clean buttons.
- Press and hold the buttons until you see a white light swirl around the clean button.
- The reset is successful and the issues within the vacuum should be gone.
- All the factory default settings should be back and you can try again with Roomba i1 mapping.
These are some methods you can use to fix the issues within the iRobot Roomba i1 mapping. We hope you got the answer to the question: does Roomba i1 have smart mapping? In this blog, we discussed the steps to enable mapping. If there are any issues you are facing, you can get in touch with our team right now.