iRobot Roomba j7 not connecting or not working is a big-time frustration. As soon as users observe their iRobot Roomba j7 not working, they search on the internet as to how to reset iRobot Roomba j7 in order to fix the issues. However, this is not the way you should treat this issue in your robot vacuum. Robot vacuums are very delicate devices and require the utmost care and maintenance. Even the littlest of user-end issues can create a lot of chaos on your device.
Whenever you see your Roomba robot vacuum not working properly, you should not directly jump on to reset your device to the factory default settings. It is important that you first try to identify why this could be happening with your device. Once you get hold of the root cause of the issue, you will be able to better troubleshoot the issues.
In this post, we will teach you how to fix the issue if you observe your iRobot Roomba j7 not working. Furthermore, we will also make you understand how to reset iRobot Roomba j7 to the factory default settings.
Why Is My iRobot Roomba j7 Not Working?
Here are the most common issues why your Roomba robot vacuum might not be connecting to the network or working properly.
- iRobot Roomba j7 not connecting due to network issues
- Robot vacuum out of network’s range
- Outdated or malfunctioned firmware
- Battery not charging
- HomeBase is not connected to the power supply
- Dust can full
- Dust and debris accumulated under the wheel housing
- Choked sensors
How To Fix The iRobot Roomba j7 Not Working Issue?
This section will walk you through the 10-step guide to fix the iRobot Roomba j7 not connecting and not working issue. Make sure you follow the steps very carefully:
- First of all, make sure the Roomba battery is fully charged.
- Ensure that the HomeBase is connected to the power supply and that its contact points are clean.
- Take the dust can out of the robot vacuum and empty it.
- After that, make sure the HomeBase is placed within the router’s network range.
- Login to the iRobot Home app and update the firmware to the latest version (if available).
- If you still notice your iRobot Roomba j7 not working, make sure you clean its sensors.
- Take a small brush and clean the wheel housing to remove any dust or debris.
- If the issue persists, kindly replace the battery with a new one (in case it is faulty).
- If you observe your iRobot Roomba j7 not connecting, make sure the router is powered On.
- Cross-check the router settings and power cycle the robot vacuum and the router.
If the issue does not resolve even now, you can reset the device to the factory default settings.
How To Reset iRobot Roomba j7?
To reset the iRobot Roomba robot vacuum, you need to keep the device On. Press and hold the CLEAN button on your device for 15 seconds. After that, release the button and wait for a few seconds. Finally, the robot vacuum will be reset to the factory default settings.
This post was all about how to fix the connectivity and functionality issues on your robot vacuum. If you observe your iRobot Roomba j7 not connecting or not working properly, make sure you follow the troubleshooting steps given in this post.
Furthermore, it is important that you reconfigure the robot vacuum using the iRobot Home app after resetting it. If you don’t reconfigure the device, it won’t be able to function at all.
We hope this post was helpful to you. If you have any doubts or issues, make sure you contact our support team for more help.