Have you got yourself a new robot vacuum and tried to connect iRobot Roomba j7 to Alexa? Well, it is pretty easy to learn how to connect iRobot Roomba to Alexa without any hassle. The Alexa integration with your robot vacuum allows you to experience hands-free cleaning. With your voice commands, Roomba will do whatever you wish to, provided it is within Roomba’s ambit.
iRobot Roomba vacuums can also be integrated with Google Voice Assistant. However, you should have the Google voice assistant device to proceed with the integration. But let’s keep that topic for later as today, we are here to discuss how you can setup your robot vacuum with Alexa.
We have also put down some of the troubleshooting steps in the last to help you in case you observe your Roomba not connecting to Alexa.
Steps To Connect iRobot Roomba j7 To Alexa
To learn how to connect iRobot Roomba to Alexa, go through the steps given in this section. Make sure you follow the whole process very carefully or else the integration will fail.
- Open the iRobot Home app on your device.
- Go to Settings and then tap Smart Home.
- After that, tap ‘Works with Amazon Alexa’.
- Tap the Link Account button and it will redirect you to the Amazon Alexa app.
- If you don’t have the Alexa app, the web browser will show up.
- Tap ‘Link’ and then you will be back to the iRobot Home app.
Finally, the Alexa app will notify you that the integration has been set up. You will succeed to connect iRobot Roomba j7 to Alexa.
Why Is Roomba Not Connecting To Alexa?
Have you encountered any issues while attempting to learn how to connect iRobot Roomba to Amazon Alexa? If yes, here are some of the reasons that might be directly or indirectly responsible for this issue:
- Incorrect Amazon account details
- iRobot Home app crashes during the integration
- Firmware outdated on the robot vacuum
- Robot vacuum not connected to the network
How To Fix The iRobot Roomba and Alexa Integration Issues
Kindly follow these steps if you want to resolve the issues on your own. Be sure that your device will be connected to Alexa by the end of the troubleshooting steps. Kindly follow the steps below:
- Make sure the iRobot Home app is updated to the latest version.
- Download the app only from trusted sources.
- Cross-check that your robot vacuum is connected to the wireless network.
- The iRobot Roomba should not experience power issues during the setup.
- If you still see your Roomba not connecting to Alexa, look for the updates.
- Go to the iRobot Home app and check for the latest firmware update.
- After that, reboot your robot vacuum and then re-attempt to connect iRobot Roomba j7 to Alexa.
NOTE: Your wireless router should be active at all times in order to avoid any issues during the integration.
This page was all about how to connect iRobot Roomba to Alexa. Once you connect your robot vacuum to Alexa, make sure you test the iRobot-Alexa integration through some voice commands. If the integration is successful, the robot vacuum will follow your voice commands.
We hope that this iRobot Roomba and Alexa integration guide was helpful to you and that it assisted you to connect iRobot Roomba j7 to Alexa without any fuss. If you come across any issues or queries while attempting to set up the voice commands on your robot vacuum, feel free to talk to us for any further assistance.